Very frustrated

cdnov26
on 12/30/08 2:43 am - MA
I posted about a week ago about frustration due to having TPN, I thought I was done with it.  I have been sick since Friday, and I am in the hospital now.  They put a new PICC line in since the other one came out Friday because they thought it was infected.  I have been having really bad headaches and dizziness as well as diarreah.  I drink anything and it goes right through me.  I am completely frustrated.  Had surgery 11-26-2008, wish I never had it done.

jayner
on 12/30/08 4:54 am - Littleton, MA

I'm so sorry that you are going through this. Have you been able to find others who have had similar issues. One way to find them is to use the search option in the upper left corner and search for PICC and TPN.

good luck to you,

Jayne

purplefans
on 12/30/08 7:25 am - MA
I am also very sorry that you have had these problems.  I wish the best for you.

rockysmom
on 12/30/08 7:27 am - Dartmouth, MA
You sound very discouraged.  Try to be positive - this must be terrible and scary to go through, but it WILL pass.  When this is over and you're on the other side of it, you will probably feel that it was worth it.  I think we all feel at some point early out that we should never have done it, but that can change when you start feeling better. Just hang in there, you'll get through it.  We're all pulling for you!
Best wishes,
Anne-Marie
 I'm so sorry to hear this. I too, have concerns about being put back in the hospital, so I think I can somewhat relate. 

Your road has not been a smooth one, and I can see why you are frustrated and regretting your choice. I too, had been regretting it because of similar troubles, until I realized "what's done is done" and that I have to move on, taking one day at a time.

Although its easy to say "you're not in my shoes", I am one step away from being in your shoes. Try to take things one day at a time, and try to keep communication open with your doctors in the hospital. This, in itself, can be a tough job. But the squeaky wheel gets the grease. 

Try to keep your chin up, love. I will try to follow your posts and know that I'm rooting for you.

-----------------------------------------

Our Lady of the Holy Rollers

That's not a tiara. I just bedazzle my horns.

cdnov26
on 1/6/09 10:46 am - MA
Well I finally came home.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs